Monday, February 12, 2007

Tonight on...Versus (Part Two)

Because I do extensive and deliberate research in preparation for the posts on this blog, I watched a game on Versus last week (Rangers versus Bruins). You know how Jack Nicholson and Leo DiCaprio are always at Laker games? And the announcer does the token, "...and look who's taking in the game tonight. It's Brad Pitt," blah, blah, blah. It was great to see that the stars also come out for NHL games. Versus tried to pull this off last week. Except the only celebrity in attendance was...Liam Neeson, who is almost 84 I think. He was looking old. Is this the biggest star we can conjure up??? Admittedly, Liam Neeson is a great actor, but I don't think he's the kind of guy the NHL needs right now. I'm pretty certain, no one (out of the 94 people) watching this thought to themselves, "Wow. Liam Neeson. Yeah. Hmmm. Hockey must be hot right now." I swear, the NHL should star paying celebs to show up at games. Why not do this? Get Brittany to show up pantyless. Maybe Scarlett J. shows up with Justin Timberlake. The pic of them at a hockey game ends up in US Weekly and BAM! Hockey's back! This would work. It really is that easy.

And that got me thinking, what other celebs like and watch hockey. And sadly, this is what I came up with:

1. Dennis Leary - I can't stand this guy.
2. Cuba Gooding Jr. - Last movie I remember him in, "Snow Dogs".
3. Kiefer Sutherland - Probably the most famous celeb hockey fan.
4. MacGuyver - I don't know his real name and I'm not sure he's alive any more. Does he count?
5. Liam Neeson - Apparently.
6. Jason Priestley - He's making a killing on 90210 syndication.
7. Alan Thicke - Who didn't love "Family Ties"?
8. Dave Coulier - What a jokester! “Full House” was the best!

Okay, this is getting embarrassing. I have to stop now. The sad part is, it gets worse. Really, click here.

6 comments:

Roy said...

That's one sad list, man. My only celeb encounter at a Wild game occurred when I peed in the urinal next to Glen Sonmor.

Wife K said...

that is one sad list! so sad, you can't even place which shows your "celebrities" were on! alan thicke, my brother, was on growing pains.

Anonymous said...

I've finally caught up with the Ol' wildhockeyguide postings and I have a few things to share:
1) Dennis Leary is F'n hilarious (and not a bad actor either e.g. The Ref, Suicide kings...)
2) Our author missed the best name on the Celebrity Hockey Squad - Jeremy Piven as Assistant Coach - Best Actor EVER! (Oh, and Frank Gehry could possibly be the most random "celeb" on that list!)
3) Going back a bit...I was extremely impressed with Don Cherry's appearance "with a gay," he played into it better than any apparently narrow-minded, old-school, crotchety old man should.
4) On a similar note...The author's use of abbreviations are less than tough, far from masculine, and simply "faggy." I hope to see them abandoned in all future posts by said blogger..."NSFW".....WTF?!

Unknown said...

wow, "growing pains". i think we're splitting hairs now.

Unknown said...

A li'l bit of trivia - McGuyver's real name is Richard Dean Anderson. He was the high school hockey stud in Roseville when my mom was in high school. He managed to maintain the hockey hair throughout his entire career. Peep this unbearable, and brief, foray into a career singing pop songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgKyUbAL86M

G.H. said...

thats right, dave coulier...red wings fan? i cant remember.